One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Introductions

Luke is my son. He's six months old, an adorable, sweet, happy baby. He's gotten to the stage where he's so much fun because he laughs and laughs at us. He is my first child.

M is my husband. He's smart, Italian, sarcastic, and going to grad school. Full time. In theory he will get a good paying job and I can stay home with Luke and subsequent children. Because I want to, desperately.

Mocha is our dog - a stray, half pit, half lab. She can't swim, she hates other dogs, and she hates men coming into our house. She has bitten a friend of ours. She is a pain in my ass, but she loves the baby. LOVES him. She thinks the cats want to play with her. They don't. She'd eat you if you tried to break in.

Moxy is our tabby cat. He's ALWAYS trying to get outside. He's in your face, on your lap, and wants more food.

Simba is our orange and white cat. He like to go into odd places and so far has gotten into our walls, our ceiling, and on top of ductwork. He gets pretty grungy. Surprisingly, he loves the baby, too, and lets Luke grab his ears and fur without complaint.

This is my home. It can be chaotic, but I'd miss anyone who wasn't there. Except at 5 AM, when everyone needs to eat. RIGHT NOW, dammit, RIGHT NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home