One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Letter turned blog entry

Dude, I have a countdown for when M is done with grad school and I can quit quit quit because I am so not wanting to deal with work. Because I don't understand why people actually CARE about the stuff at work that they get in big giant freaking debates over. So yeah, Elisette = no ambition. At least not in corporate world. And since I don't know what I'd want to do in my own business, I am left ambitionless.

The point being, I am not so into the money. I would like to spend days laying in front of Luke and saying 'ooooooo!' back to him as he reaches and grabs my eyelashes and yanks them out. This sounds like a wicked good day.

Job hopping makes you totally delusional on real raises, though. Because I just got my annual raise (during which my boss made the comment to the effect of 'you did what you could considering what you were dealing with' (the evil consultants) so yeah, it was just the middle of the road review, not warm and gushy and not bad.) But anyway, the raise was 3%... vs the 20% when I job hopped, so I was all, um, yeah, thanks, I guess. But I did GET the 3% raise, which is more than the rest of the company got because they froze raises, except for me, since they realized because of the frozen raises I would not have gotten a raise for two years and that was sucky.

Reality, it does suck, and I really want a gas card now. (Like she had in the movie)

Luke has tried the fruit puffs and he does not like them. He likes to touch them and throw them on the floor, but if you move towards his mouth he clamps his little jaw shut. And if you get one on his tongue, the FACES he makes! ACK ACK it's DISSOLVING ON MY TONGUE! My child, apparently is a clone of me except with boy parts. Food is sucky. Except rice cereal! MMM! He has been eating like a horse, though.

Oh! And the bestest development is that Luke can now hold his own bottle. I can lay him on the floor and give him the bottle and he's set to go. He's very milestony in most respects though. It's almost like he read the baby book before hand and thought, oh, I get teeth at six months! Check!

Luke is the least scheduled baby in the world. I think they try to schedule him at daycare, but he only takes half hour naps to mess with them. He will be adaptable! That's the theory. That I came up with this second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home