One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Job of a Mommy

Luke's daycare just called me to let me know that he had broken out in a rash all over his head and neck after he finished his morning bottle.

Lack of focus at work? Try adding in worry for your child. It was all I could do not to leap from my desk and run there to hold my child. Because it's hard to leave him on a normal, healthy day, but this? This sucks.

Will they stare at him and make sure he's breathing through his morning nap? Will they be able to hold him for as long as I could because he's uncomfortable and upset and wants reassurance? And overriding it all Is he okay?

I'm not headed out just yet, the doctor's office doesn't think it's much of anything. But it's not off my mind in the least.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are a great mom. As a dad I can understand. Anytime something is wrong with my kids I want to be their with them. No one can take care of you kids, like you.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Elisette said...

Thank you. The latest update is that all is well with Luke at daycare.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home