One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Time On My Hands

Getting out the door in the morning with my son and my husband is a challenge. I have to wake Esposo before I leave to hand off Luke. Esposo, he doesn't do so well with the waking up. Ever. So I have to wake him up about 15 minutes before I have to leave, and this is just another task in the morning that minimally includes:

Feeding the baby, changing the baby, feeding the dog, letting the dog out, showering, eating breakfast, filling the food and water bowls for the cats, and packing my lunch.

That's at a minimum. Do you notice anywhere on that list 'brushing hair'? No? Oh, that's because I haven't been lately. Seriously, not only have I been letting my hair air dry, which is typical, I haven't even been getting around to brushing through it four or five times. I usually put my makeup on in the car as I head to work (I only wear a base, so I'm not the one with the mascara out).

This morning, Luke woke at 5 AM, ate eight ounces, and went back to bed at 5:45.

I don't leave until 6:30. I had FORTY FIVE MINUTES to take care of the dog and get ready. I didn't even have to wake Esposo, because Luke was asleep, I just turned the monitor on.

I emptied the dishwasher. Washed out the cat and dog water bowls (not done often enough). Took out the trash. Emptied some old food containers from the fridge that were looking threatening.

And most importantly, I blow dried my hair with the fancy schmancy ionic hair dryer my mom bought me last year, and got a few swipes in with the curling iron. My coworker asked me if I got a haircut. I said No! I just actually DID my hair!.

I feel pret-ty, oh so pret-ty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home