One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, November 11, 2005

Baby on Speed

Luke has gone from creeping, and then crawling, and now, apparently, we're onto the next phase, 'zooming'. Last night after being picked up from daycare, we had dinner and then let Luke crawl around to his heart's content.

Which means he banged the dog bowls together, and pulled the tupperware out of the cupboard, and got angry when he couldn't open the garbage cabinet, and then was playing with the bathroom door, and when I shut that, he stood up, beat on the door with both hands, and screamed.

He was in a generally great mood, but got frustrated when he couldn't get in somewhere. Changing him was a feat I'm still not quite sure how I achieved, because he certainly wasn't interested in any toy I gave him to entice him to lay down for one minute.

Then, at 8:00, I gave him an evening bottle and he passed out. He was too tired to even fully close his eyes to sleep, and I could see the REM movement through quarter inch slits. He stirred a bit before I got him to bed, but didn't make a sound all night long.

I, too, slept like a rock, which was a gorgeous thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Elisette, you make me smile every time I read your blog! Luke is learning so many things in this stage and his dreams will be action-packed.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home