One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Planning for a Hiatus

It is merely six months until my husband finishes his MBA and in theory, becomes a highly desirable member of the workforce.

And the plan is that I will cease with the working once we are on sure financial footing and stay home to raise our children.

So I'm planning for a roughly 5 year break in external employment. More or less depending on situations as they arise, but 5 years sounds reasonable. Now, I don't particularly like what I do now. It's not horrible, but I don't come to work driven to achieve and mostly feel as if I am beating my head on a brick wall. Some days I am extremely vested in my projects and the goals and the company as a whole, and some days I can't help but think "Why do people CARE so much about these things?"

So, once my five year hiatus is up, I would like to be finding something else to do to bring income into our household. And selling things on ebay is not an option. Or the cosmetics sales, party hosting, etc side of things. Just no.

The past two years have been dedicated to ensuring Esposo can meet his employment dreams and goals. While I fully realize that my time at home will not be spent twiddling my thumbs and saying "Just WHAT am I going to DO today!?!" as I pop another bonbon into my mouth, I do want to ensure that I plan for my own development as I work on my children's development and my home's.

You know, a failure to plan is a plan for failure?

I do like the idea of owning a business. Something that would be mine, and thus I would be invested in all aspects of the business. It's the same thing that appeals to me about staying home - I want to run my household.

Now, I don't want to run a restaurant. I refused to work in one in high school and I refuse to operate one as an adult. (I'm thinking of the franchise operations). As I stated, I don't want an Ebay business.

So, um, how to I go about finding and running a business? Got one I could have?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home