One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

And Crushed

I'm sorry to be so relentless with this 'good day bad day' topic, but yesterday quickly spiraled out of control. I was again facing the same very stupid problems at work. And I mean stupid. And the thought of dealing with this stupid problems, which I have been dealing with for over four months now, woke me in the night and frustrated me to the point of insomnia.

The problem is that I can't simply solve the problem, and fix it. I have to meet with people and discuss things, and that never seems to lead anywhere in this place. I don't seem to be able to adequately express the point of You need to make a decision, though I state those exact words. Somehow, they expect me to make decisions based on the data I've gathered. Decisions that will affect how they run, and when I suggest them, they are aghast that I might slow down production. But yet they don't supply solutions or decisions they are comfortable with. For me, it means my projects can not be completed. I'm not sure it means anything to them.

It is all one of the circles of hell, I'm sure of it.

The last time I saw my boss, by the way, was last Thursday morning. Though she did leave me a message yesterday afternoon, so we have that going for us.

I know other people who work in this field, and they enjoy it. I must look a mix of horrified and revulsed when they say such things, because I find this area of work to be such a perpetual pain in the ass, spending hours whittling away miniscule decisions. Even the 'big' decisions are stupid in the context of the world.

So this is the day I face, under pressure to complete and yet with no supporting structure of the basics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home