One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, January 09, 2006

I am well!!

After four days of antibiotics, I finally consider myself well. I still have a slight cough, but there is such a tremendous difference, I feel like a new woman. Which is good, because there is a hell of a lot I need to do at work and I could NOT have done it in the state I was in last week!

We continued working on our bathroom this weekend, and ordered the shower basin for the room. With the cabinets, toilet, tile, window, drywall and lighting, we think the total bathroom remodel is going to come in at $3500 - $4000. We have to tally it all up at the end. I didn't keep all the receipts, though, so the best we're going to be able to do is estimate. For the next *major* project, which will either be the basement or regrading and landscaping, I'll be sure to do that.

I am obsessed with shows such as Property Ladder and Flip This House, and would love to be able to do that someday - not on a mass scale, just once or twice a year for a few years. I consider all our current home improvement to be research for that venture!

And speaking of television shows, I think I know why I lose interest in shows so often. This 'winter break' from new programming is KILLING me! I forgot what I was even watching. Desperate Housewives might have had a new episode last night, but I forgot all about it until too late because I was snuggled in bed reading.

And by the way? The diet is going FABULOUS and I have new motivation for weight loss (besides the wedding) - there's a family trip to a waterpark in February. My sisters-in-law are skinny skinny minis (even the pregnant one will be much much less than me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home