One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am Sick

In fact, I have been sick now for two weeks. I sniffle. I cough. I can't hear a thing because my head is so congested. My nose is getting that 'been blown too many times' raw feeling. I chased my husband out of bed last night because of the incessant coughing. I don't know what drugs I've taken and I keep mixing them because it's not enough. Benedryl allergy for the stuffiness. Robitussin for the cough. Nyquil for the sleeping and the headache. Dayquil for the staying awake with less symptoms. Tylenol for the headache. Who knows anymore? I stumble into the bathroom and grab a drug.

I left work after a few hours yesterday, so sick and unpleasant I was, even on drugs. I headed to Walgreens for the DayQuil, or generic version thereof. After wandering around the store for fifteen minutes because 1) I am sick and 2) Therefore extremely stupid (I recommend trying to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge today. I might buy it. Wooden nickels? I'll take 'em) I finally located the cold section. Due to rampant drug production, I had to find the card for my generic Dayquil and bring it to the pharmacy for a bottle. Mmmm, methamphetamines.

I'm going to go drug myself further.

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

Oh man, it sucks to be sick. I hope you get better soon.

Keep taking the drugs and lots of naps.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home