One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, November 07, 2005

I Want Another

Luke has not yet celebrated his first Thanksgiving, his first Christmas, or his first birthday. He insists on using 'dadadada!' no matter how many times I say 'MAMA!' and the louder I get, the louder he gets. He thinks it's a fabulous game. And well, really? I do, too. Esposo and I are laughing hysterically after two minutes of 'MAMA!' 'dadada!' 'MAMA!' 'DADA!' and Luke's grin just gets bigger and bigger.

We headed to Luke's cousin's first birthday party, where there were, at one point or another, 10 children ranging from 9 months (Luke) to almost 6. Luke was enthusiastically hugged by a three year old, ate Italian sausage for the first time, and crawled after 1 and 3 year olds with awe (oddly, I don't think there were any two year olds there...).

All of this was fun to watch and be a part of, and it confirmed a feeling I've always had - that I want more children. While we aren't planning on more children until Esposo is employed, I can't help already thinking about Baby number 2 while I watch Baby number 1, already so big, explore his world.

The interaction between siblings and cousins is amazing to watch and be a part of. Luke's arrival has drawn me closer to my inlaws, by nature of the common one to love (apart from my husband. But the love I feel for my husband is so different than the love they do, and the love we all feel for Luke is much more similar.)

Maybe the focus of getting my body in shape to help produce another person will get me motivated :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home