One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

EAT! EAT! EAT!

So now that Luke is completely over his illness, he has turned into Demon Toddler. He spewed forth pea soup last night after shooting flames from his eyeballs. DO NOT DENY THE DEMON THE CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH. Of all my parenting mistakes, and I'm sure there are many and they are varied, but fortunately Mommy Brain means I don't remember most of them, I think topping the list right now is exposing my almost-15-month-old child to Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Esposo is totally responsible for the purchasing of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Crunch Berries that are now in our house. We have nothing that is not sugar coated or sugar laden in the way of breakfast cereal. It's not that I don't partake of the Chocolate Coated Sugar Bombs when they show up in my house, I just wouldn't buy them because I HAVE NO WILLPOWER. I have actually encouraged Esposo to hide the cookies so I won't eat them.

After Luke had been sick all week and hadn't been eating or drinking much, we offered him the Crunch Berries and the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Being a child after my own heart he actually ate the "Cap'N Crunch" yellow square part of the Crunch Berries and wouldn't even try the berries! SUCKA! Everyone knows the berries are the best part.

But the Cinnamon Toast Crunch - rolled in sugary, cinnamonny goodness - those were his favorite. As with most people, when he found something good he figured out from whence it came and was reaching for that container with every stretchy muscle in his short stubby arms. And when I put the container away, he watched where it went and now flails at the pantry door when it's closed. When we pick him up he extends his arm in his "I wish to go that way, servant" communication style, always always towards the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

How long will it be until he forgets?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home