One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Nap? Sleep?

I shouldn't be so tired. I went to bed early enough. I slept in late Sunday morning because I was out late and took a nap Saturday afternoon. But I just. couldn't. sleep. last night. And now I'm tired.

Luke had two playdates this weekend. Playdates are the most wonderful thing in the world because I sit there while the children amuse each other! Except, of course, when I'm prying my kid's hands off another kid's shirt, or removing him from the toy he just shoved another kid off, or trying to get him to communicate in a way other than hitting. My kid is handsy.

The hitting thing is weird, though. Luke does hit me when he's angry, he'll bring his whole arm back, swiveling to the side to try and land a good punch. But he also slaps my face when he's happy. Which is what he was doing to the other children - Slap! Slap! Slap! with a big ol' smile on his face. But the other kids, naturally, did not enjoy the slapping.

And today, if I can find the time, is the day I "tell my boss" I'm quitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home