One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Happy Ovulation Day!

Five years ago, I was running three miles a day, five days a week. I was perhaps the fittest I had ever been in my life, though it's hard to compare high school to anything, because you're young and nubile.

Esposo and I have been talking about Baby #2 for awhile, and so I've been mentally preparing myself (get sleep now) and physically preparing myself. I've been taking my vitamins every day, because the reserach shows that you should start with the folic acid a couple months before getting pregnant. That's just one more thing I didn't do with Luke, though I was trying to take my vitamins regularly.

Thinking about getting in shape and working out, particularly while pregnant, made me think back to those single, fit days. I was on a rigid schedule, I ate the same thing for lunch every day, and overall I lost 46 pounds. After marriage, pregnancy, and general laziness, I'm up 34 pounds from my lowest point. Hello, Yoyo!

Extra weight and not enough exercise affects everything. My skin isn't as blemish free as it was in the running days. And I can't tell when I ovulate.

That's right.

When I was fit, I was also not on the pill (I was very single. It was actually good for me!) and my cycle was very regular, which was different from college, when I was unfit and my cycle was random, so I know it had to do with what shape I was in (not round). Since I was anally keeping track of calories, mile run times, weight loss, hair length, toenail growth, etc, I was also keeping track of when my periods were.

And near exactly two weeks after my period, I would cramp for about 2 hours - very painfully, more painful than period cramps. And that's when I figured out that I was ovulating.

Now that I'm in worse shape, that feature has left me, which is weird. Shouldn't I be able to tell that fit or fat?? It would be extremely useful in this whole conception process, which I was COMPLETELY unaware of last time, to be able to pinpoint that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home