One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Voice of Doom (Shut Up)

A couple times over the past few years, someone has mentioned that someone in their family has a certain type of cancer or tumor, and while I express sympathy, I think of my experience with that type of cancer of tumor and think - crap, the person died in my case. Of course I don't say anything about this, because that's not anywhere on the list of what people want to hear. Actually, the only thing on the list of what people want to hear is "Hey, look, I found this pill and it says it cures EXACTLY the disease you're dealing with!"

In some instances I really want to express that yes, I know what it's like to watch someone slip downward towards death, but I can't do that, because what if they're not thinking about death? And there's still hoped for their loved one? I feel tongue tied and end up unable to really provide the support I want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home