One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Kind of Town

I've said it before - I love Chicago. I spent my childhood away from here, and didn't consider myself a 'Chicagoan' for a long time, even though I lived in the suburbs. But by now? After almost 19 years here, from Lemont to North Chicago, Wheeling to Wheaton, Ravenswood to the Clearing industry... I know this place. I like knowing this place, and I like everything Chicago - the Cubs and the Sox, the Bears and the Bulls, and the movies. John Hughes and Risky Business -"Looks like University of Illinois!"

We're raising our kids as Chicagoans - the Sears Tower and the Wisconsin lake house, the El and the Bean - and Esposo is getting Luke enmeshed in the lore of Chicago. Instead of reading books at bedtime, Esposo is telling him a story. A story about two brothers and a band.

The Blues Brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home