One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, May 11, 2007

I Never

If you asked me, I would say No, I don't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

But the truth must come out, be exposed. I have never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Maybe I did when I was three, but my mother claims I subsisted entirely on cream cheese and graham crackers, and I was entirely (and perhaps, still am) the kind of child who would refuse things based on appearance, and jelly looks very unappealing to me now, so it might have then.

I make PB&J for my son 5 times a week, minimum, and so convinced am I by 27 odd years of saying that I don't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I am never ever tempted to take one small bite to see what, in fact, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich tastes like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home