One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Am Domestic Goddess

In my TV free evening, I:

Vacuummed the upstairs hallway.
Washed the kitchen and hallway floors, including MOVING FURNITURE.
Washed the entryway rugs.
Put some hardwood floor restorer on the kitchen floor which was supposed to make it look less crappy. It failed, but still, floor more protected.
Put away renegade laundry.
Vacuummed the living room and dining room.
Made Jello.
Packed my lunch for tomorrow.
Baked bread.

What?!?!

I BAKED BREAD. See:



My mom gave me this bread mold awhile ago, from Pampered Chef, and it was looking at me all the time, making me feel guilty because I had never used it. I was going to make a pumpkin bread, because it's that time of year, but I didn't know how that would turn out, so I tried the recipe on the instruction sheet. It's appetizer bread... got a party you need appetizers for??

I also played with Luke a lot. Did I mention my boy has blue blue eyes??





Now he's screaming his head off because he doesn't want to sleep. Or eat. Or be awake. Even Domestic Goddesses can't contend with cranky seven month olds.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara Cahill said...

i spent the evening in front of my computer and the tv where i made a slew of web pages for my regular classes. baby steps closer to being more online functional.

we can have appetizer bread for breakfast saturday. i have cheese ball mix in about 6 different flavors from von stiehl winery... mmm...

7:59 AM  
Blogger Elisette said...

Ooh! Good, because I have another loaf to make (the recipe makes two loaves).

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site! Your little boy is so cute.

I'm so jealous that you live in Chicago, even if it means you're a Chicago sports fan. I AM a converted Cubs fan, though, thanks to my Chicago friends like lakeline.

That bread sure does look good. I just love Pampered Chef!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sara Cahill said...

sweet i'll check what i have and give you options.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Elisette, I started my blog today and am roaming the "mommy' blogs. I love your "list"! Sometimes we need to see it to believe that it happened (by the time my hubby comes home the house is usually back to where he saw it last) Come visit me at singalullaby.blogspot.com

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..if you want, I can give you my pumpkin bread recipe. *smile*

Or just make you some for Saturday!

Beth

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home