One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, November 11, 2005

War

Today is Veteran's Day. I can only think of two veterans that I know at this point. One is coworker, and one a friend's father. I am certain that there are more in my life, but it's not something that you can casually bring up. So, uh, you serve in a war or anything?

My family tree is rife with veterans. My father and grandfather I know for certain, and great uncles are veterans on both sides of my family tree. I don't know of anyone in my family who lost his life overseas.

I tried to talk about American wars, but I can't do it justice. I don't know enough.

So I'll leave it at this, for those who served, who put their lives on the line, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home