One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Perspective

Conversations with relatives always yield strange perspectives. Friends, in general, have similar perspectives, as they are in your peer group and view life through a similar filter. Relatives, however, are far out there.

My uncle is 72 years old. To my eyes, he looks very much the same as he has my entire life. I don't think that's being used to the way he looks - the Swedish side of my family tends to age very well. Sadly, I think I have more of the Czech side of the family in me and they're not doing as well with the aging.

As we arrived to the party Saturday evening, he announced the birth of his second great grandchild. This would be my first cousin twice removed, and Luke's second cousin once removed, if you like the genealogy stuff.

Now remember, my uncle is 72. This is his GREAT grandchild. My great aunt (age 82) even said to him "How is it you have two great grandchildren and I have none!" They procreate relatively young in my uncle's line. Which leads me up to the comment that threw me a bit.

Speaking of his granddaughter (Baby Mama) and her sister (Baby Aunt), he said that Baby Aunt dotes on the two great grandchildren. Uncle isn't sure, though, if she wants to have children. She is 30 already, after all.

Egads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home