One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, December 19, 2005

Ebanking, Wonder Of

Each paycheck a certain amount of funds is taken out, pretax, and placed in my Flexible Spending Account to help pay for daycare. Let's say this is $100, for simplification.

Daycare costs more than $100 every two weeks, so I had a backlog of bills to be paid from my FSA. I sent in a claim in September for, say, $5,000 - again, for simplification.

Each pay period, I pay $100 pretax, it's processed against the $5,000 claim and comes right back to me. Well, 'right back' being the "Wonders of Ebanking" part.

My FSA company shows that $100 is paid on the Monday following my paycheck issuance (all electronic, I don't deposit things). My bank shows that $100 comes in by FRIDAY. Where is my $100 for that week??? Everything I do is electronic! It should be instant! Or at least not take FOUR DAYS.

BAH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

I need to look into flexible spending, now that daycare is going to be something in my life.

Quick question about daycare. Why the crap is it so freakin' expensive? It's gonna kill me!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home