One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, December 19, 2005

Deep Thoughts

Last night I went to bed early, as it is winter and the dark and cold induce hibernation (three days to the shortest day of the year and then there's MORE sun!), and of course I had tremendously deep thoughts and brilliant insights. Strange how these things only happen when I'm half asleep and snuggly warm, hmmmmm?

This morning I'm sitting at work contemplating the projects that I have to work on, and trying to determine what I will attack. Most management is on vacation, so it's a quiet time, and a good time to devote to the start up phase of several projects. We'll also be moving to a new office area soon, so I want to allocate some time to clear out my desk. My predecessor - from two years ago! - left a lot of files in my desk. I have, in fact, two wholly unusable drawers filled with his files.

And then, I was delivered my 2006 calendar... Luke will turn 1 in 55 days. Esposo will be done with school in four and a half months, or 137 days. There are deadlines and holidays and birthdays, all laid out for another year. Goals and plans and dates marked off already. Babies are coming in March, June, and July. The new year's calendar is a great way to look at life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been doing the same thing thinking about "when will there be MORE daylight??" pretty soon, then spring and summer again :) can't wait. melissa

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home