One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Planning a Party!

Luke shares a birthday with Abraham Lincoln, which is a heck over a lot better than sharing one with Prince Charles, in my opinion. There is a tremendous benefit of having a kid born early in the year - we get to look for clearance toys! Each year after the holidays I clearance shop for new holiday decor, and now we'll be clearance shopping for his birthday presents as well. I'm classy like that.

So I've begun thinking about his first birthday party and am torn between a small, immediate family affair, and a larger, more extensive family gathering. The thing is, it's all Esposo's family either way, except a cousin here and there for me. My family is larger overall, but his is closer, both emotionally and physically. We see his aunt several times throughout the year. I think my aunt forgot my son's name (she's a peach, that one).

And while I like hosting events, though I much prefer to do so in warm weather, I don't like hosting gifting events. No doubt I will end up inviting everyone, and be stressed about it all, and ultimately be slightly disappointed with how it turns out. I'm also fun like that. I'm learning to get over this, though, which is a dang good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home