One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What the hell do you people DO?

Yesterday I called Esposo on the way home from work to talk, as he would be leaving as soon as I got home, so we filled each other in on our exciting days. For Esposo, the day consisted of The Baby That Smoked Crack, because Luke had refused to nap and was in an ecstatic, insane mood, which consisted of a lot of crawling and laughing at nothing.

Of course, when I got home, he clawed his way up my legs and lamented the fact that Daddy poked him with sticks and kept him awake for hours and I was forced to put him in his eating chair with Cheerios.

I began making Christmas cookies and I was quite inspired. Not only did I dye the cookie dough green and red, I dyed sugar red, green, blue, and yellow. And then I commenced cookie cut outs! However, I only have the following cookie cutters: girl and boy (from a gingerbread cookie set I once got), Christmas tree, standing Santa, stocking, heart, and a sled. The sled is actually the stupidest thing ever, because you can't tell what it is. I ended up making a LOT of trees.

At 5 PM, Luke was done with the Cheerios and I got out his bottle, laced with prune juice because my baby is perpetually constipated. (On the list of Things You Don't Think About When You Think About Having Children) At 5:15, after getting through only 5 ounces, Luke had passed out completely. I trundled him off to bed and continued making cookies.

And then I watched a little TV. And read. And put up the nativity scene (a small one, not one for the yard or anything). And seriously, I had so much time I was confused all evening. I didn't see anything on TV I wanted to watch, Esposo had cleaned up a lot of the house... it was weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home