One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, December 05, 2005

Bleargh

I spent most of this weekend painting. I hurt, because painting, particularly trimming a ceiling, uses muscles that are not typically used. By me, anyway. I don't typically use most of my muscles, and while I realize this is a problem, I haven't found the energy to correct it.

I did not go to my college 'reunion'. Sorry! Basically, friends we haven't seen were having people over to watch the Bears game at their condo, which I hadn't seen. I could bring Luke AND hang out with Esposo. This obviously trumps going to hang out with I-don't-even-know-who, without Esposo. My curiosity did not win out. If Luke didn't require sleep and wouldn't have been a complete pill at the restaurant, I could have made it to both. But I am not masochistic enough to subject myself to a cranky Luke in public, where there would be no toys and no place for him to crawl. This is one of those things I didn't get 'BC' (Before Child). I don't think you can fully get it until you have to schedule and plan around the tiny dictator.

Actually stating that I didn't go because we went somewhere else is a pretty big step. The nice girl in me would never let that be known. I actually crafted an elaborate lie that sounded plausible to cover my tracks, and thought about NOT posting the truth on my blog to cover my tracks even more so. But screw that. I don't lie often, which should be obvious by the fact that I have to think about it so extensively, and I feel bad doing it.

The worst part is that I said I'd be there. That makes it pretty dang rude not to go, because I truly hate it when people say they'll be somewhere and then don't show. Because the message is pretty clear - as I wrote above, that was my point - there is somewhere else they'd rather be and you just don't rank.

Of course, if I had a phone number, I would Have called, but alack, I did not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home