One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, January 27, 2006

Change

This morning was not a particularly GOOD morning, and I'm just starting to get over that. First, I woke with the hope of seeing 1(X-1)9.8 and that didn't happen, so I was bummed. But then, since I had made myself the deal that at 1X0, I could try on clothes in my closet, I went to try on a pair of pants. Only to find that the lining emerged from the bottom of my pants by a good two inches. Esposo had shrunk them.

Follow this up with putting away a couple things in the kitchen before eating my cereal. I knocked a container off the fridge, which hit my bowl, which fell to the floor and broke. Fortunately I hadn't put milk in my cereal yet.

Esposo wandered down and we got into a snit about the laundry and pants, because I was stilled ticked off, and I left without my purse, which has my makeup in it that I put on en route to work.

Fortunately I packed a lunch, but I have no change for a soda, save a quarter. I keep looking around my pockets and desk for a few more bits of change, before thinking "I should check my purse!...... d'oh!"

And where is all the change that used to be lingering in my coat pockets and desk drawer? In Luke's piggy bank, because he can put the coins in there HIMSELF and it's just too cute. Every day I come home with change and hold it out to him as I shake the piggy bank. He obediently trots over to fill up his college fund savings... I'm hoping by now we've paid him back for the time I broke into his piggy bank to pay the babysitter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I started reading this and thought, "Duuuuuuude, this girl knows some math and stuff and there is NO WAY I'm going to follow here." Then I went back adn read the previous post. It's all good. I can be taught, just not much.

I think there's a conspriacy amongst scales world-wide. Especially those in OB/GYN offices.

I'm just saying.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home