One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mexican Immigration and Emigration

Pardon me while I get all politcal here, sort of. And let me first say that I'm all about Immigration Rah Rah Rah! so you aren't getting the wrong idea.

But I understand that illegal immigration, and people living in our country taking advantage of our public benefits without paying taxes, it screws with the system. And then sending the money they earn HERE somewhere ELSE, well, again, that screws with the system.

So when the US took some anti-immigrant steps to stop migrants from coming into the country illegally, I understood. I understand the migrants being all WTF?!?! about it, too.

And from a monetary perspective, I understand Mexico's stance on 'Hey, let our people work in your country and send money into our country' because that works great for them.

But from the stance that your people are putting themselves are great risk to ESCAPE their home country, shouldn't you (Mexico) be more focused on FIXING THE PROBLEMS IN YOUR COUNTRY SO PEOPLE'S LIVES ARE BETTER THERE???

I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home