One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

What Did I Get Myself Into?

I may have mentioned that my workplace is doing a 'Biggest Loser' style weight loss competition. I may have mentioned that I joined the contest as an attempt to motivate myself to lose the rest of the weight.

I *thought* it was just for January and February. And this worked out tremendously with my whole 'being in a wedding in March' thing, and also the 'want to look less bloated and beached-whaley for Luke's first birthday' thing.

I just received an email with all the rules. First off, it's for January, February, AND March. That's TWELVE WEEKS of commitment, folks. TWELVE WEEKS of weighing in in front of a coworker. *in through the nose* Okay, okay, I can do that. But now, the rules also include a $5 penalty if you gain during a week. Well, SHIT! Maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if I weren't such a big freak about the money, but the idea of PAYING for my weight gain, like it's not bad enough to endure the shame of GAINING during a weight loss competition, oof, that's bad.

There are charts. And payout schedules. And body fat percentages. And like I said, WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!?!?

I gotta say, though, this is gonna keep me motivated.

And Happy 200th post to me!

And also, 1.6 pounds of holiday weight gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home