One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, January 23, 2006

eBay, and my love thereof

I have purchased a number of things on eBay. I think I purchased my wedding tiara on eBay (yes, I wore a tiara, suck it. What other day do you get to wear a tiara?). I don't remember much else specifically, because eBay buying doesn't thrill me nearly as much as eBay SELLING.

People will buy anything. I made over $100 from my Strawberry Shortcake collection, and this week, and my mother was providing the latest pile of crap to be moved from her house to mine, the Purple Pieman showed up. Score! But pisser, too, because I already sold his bird. The bird-Pieman combination I'm sure would have brought more.

In a strange move, my mother expects me to be sentimental for the plastic toys of my very young childhood. Strawberry was my preschool-first grade obsession, soon replaced by Cabbage Patch Kids. You know what? I'm over it. I chose my defining childhood toy (Rose Nellie) and could get rid of everything else.

And you know what makes me laugh? Those idiots that collected the Cabbage Patch Kid dolls and have them in shiny mint condition. Because there's a million of those out there. Apparently no one learned because they did the same damn thing with Beanie Babies. And the Hot Wheels? My brother-in-law collects those. But at least that's somewhat cute because he can do that with his young sons. But to expect any of these things to be investments, you're out of you're head.

I'm striking while the iron is hot and selling the crap out of my house. I need to contribute to the crazy person's need to have the entire Strawberry Shortcake doll collection. Give me ten dollars. As the annoying Wendy's commercials state, that's ten Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers. Or two hours of babysitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home