One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

What does the cow say?

Luke is learning left and right and I can't seem to keep up with him. I found out this past weekend that if you ask him, "What does the cow say?" he answers with a "moo", and likewise, he answers "What does the sheep say?" with "ba!"

I didn't know he knew "Mine!" until I saw him clutching a book to his chest because his four year old cousin came within a few feet of him. I doubt she wanted the book, but he was certainly telling her that she couldn't have it. He became upset with her when she sat by his Nana or Esposo or I, and hit her. I was impressed with her lack of response to the hitting.

Luke has been in daycare since he was 10 weeks old. He has been around a group of similarly aged children at least three days a week almost his entire life. But sharing doesn't come naturally, it's a skill that's hard to learn.

Meanwhile, his vocabulary jumps each week, his physical skills are phenomenal for so small a child, and he understands his routines of life clearly.

What does the boy say?

Mine!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. (Sharing seems to be a hard thing, huh?)

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home