One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

*grunt*

Tuesdays are my new Monday, and they suck just as bad as Mondays. Working part time is nice for the four days off, but by the time I return, I feel as if I've been gone for three weeks, and I really don't want to come back. On the nights before I return, I sleep uneasily, thinking of everything that needs to be done, and then I come to work to find they've 'switched out' my computer, except not really, since my laptop was locked up and they couldn't unlock it, so they put a new computer in its place that doesn't allow me to access my work email. They HAD to do this yesterday, not like the assholes could wait a day or anything. Let me point out, too, that they never call to schedule shit like this, you may be getting a new computer and not know until they show up at your desk to install it. This place is a cluster.

To exacerbate my bad mood, morning sickness is particularly fierce this morning, with much hacking and retching, which is probably because I didn't sleep well last night. Tired, as is my normal state due to the internal and external babies, I headed to bed at 8:15 last night.

First, it was dreadfully hot and stagnant in the room, so after 45 minutes or so I opened windows and asked Esposo to set up the fan in the bedroom window. I normally don't like fans - the noise and air moving over me while I sleep are bad things, but the fan worked well until 12 or 2 or 1:20 (I don't know, there wsa a two there) when the room was freezing. I woke up, very disoriented, noticed Esposo was not in the bed, and decided to go sleep elsewhere. So I ripped all the covers off the bed and was standing in the middle of the bedroom when I realized I could just TURN THE FAN OFF. So I did, and tried to remake the bed, and settled in.

At some point later, Esposo WAS in the bed, and Luke cried. I bounced up, far more awake than I am now, and went to check on him. He was laying face down (as he sleeps) and his arm was caught through the slats of the crib. I moved him over, and I swear he didn't wake or stir, just stopped crying, rubbed his back and went back to bed.

At 4ish he cried again, and this time I found him standing up, facing the wall holding onto the crib slats. I touched his back and he turned and collapsed face forward on his mattress, and continued crying. Back rubbing until he quieted...

I crawled back in bed, having about an hour or so until my alarm went off, and proceded to hit the snooze button several times. At some point I heard the tell-tale sounds of cat retching, and filed it in my head to look for and avoid cat puke when I got up. Thankfully, I did remember this and avoid.

Somebodys got a case of the Tuesdays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home