One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006


I don't think my three days at work would seem quite so relaxing if on my days off i didn't insist on at least one major event. Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment at 9:30, so Luke and I were off at 9 AM after I had done several loads of laundry and attempted to bring some sort of order to the house for a couple hours. Mission: Failed.

This was my first time going to the doctor with a toddler in tow, and I was rather dreading the whole thing. How could this be good? We go there at 9:25, which I think is a rather ideal time for a 9:30 AM Monday morning appointment, and then we had to wait for 15 minutes. How are you already running behind at 9:30 on a Monday? Don't you open at 9???

Another more pregnant mom came in with her toddler in tow, and we exchanged the age info on the boys, and she commented that Luke was big. I resisted the urge to say, no, you're kid's just a weenie little thing!! The boys were doing okay playing together, though Luke was putting his trains behind his back and yelling "MINE!" because, apparently, the other child looked in their general direction or sent little baby brain waves about how he was going to steal Luke's trains. My kid shares! But seriously, I didn't tell him no, because I don't really want him sharing with random children in doctor's waiting rooms, you know?

The first thing you have to do whenever you visit the doctor and you are pregnant is pee in a cup. So Luke and I trucked off to the bathroom and I wrote my name on the cup. I envy men on this because I don't know about the rest of you women, but unless I have to REALLY go, my stream isn't predictable. I successfully pee in the cup, and place it on the only available spot - the top of the toilet paper dispenser. As I go to grab some TP, the front of the dispenser flops open and sends my pee cup flying, with pee landing on my nearby jacket.

I spent the next few minutes trying to clean up the pee while Luke flushed the toilet 47 times. WHOOOSH!

The next activity on our agenda was driving an hour to pick up the bed I had bought on Ebay. Luke fell asleep for twenty or thirty minutes on the way out, ruining his napping for the rest of the day.

Then I ran to the store, cooked dinner, and did more laundry. Fun day. Fun fun fun.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home