One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, November 06, 2006

Taking Direction

I'm trying to pick up a little 5-10 hour a week job from home. Basically, it's telemarketing - but to business people, so don't worry, I won't be calling you. I'm not really sure how this job is going to work out since 1) I don't really like making phone calls, and 2) the woman who owns this business is driving me crazy.

When I spoke with her on the phone the first time, which is all I've ever done, never met her in person, I was suddenly hired for the next week, which happened to be an insanely busy week for me. (This was last week) I was able to get in two and a half hours of cold calling people. This list I was working with had errors that generated comments such as 'He hasn't worked her in five years!' so it wasn't easy connecting with the right people to make the pitch to.

Then our computer mouse got screwed and I was unable to access the call list on Friday at all. When I told her this, and sent her the excel file with all my notes from the calls, she began annoying me. A lot. Because she wants to direct exactly HOW I am making these phone calls and taking notes. According to her, I should print out the list, sit at a table, and make notes on paper.

Anyone who ever tried to copy my notes in college would know that I AM THE WORST NOTE TAKER EVER. I doodle. I end up writing up the sides of the paper in a maze of words. I write in the wrong spots. Not to mention that pieces of paper get lost. Taking notes on the computer works much better for me. I don't feel like I should have to tell this to her, because I don't feel she should be trying to dictate how I work. When I spoke with her on Friday, I didn't say anything like that, but since then she's sent several emails stating how I should be working.

It's pissing me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home