One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, October 27, 2006

Four Ovaries, No Waiting

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but we were able to find out at the ultrasound that C2 is of the female variety. So if I seem EXTRA bitchy, blame it on the double doses of hormones. Even if she only weighs about 12 ounces right now, I'm sure she's got the same amount of hormones as me, right? Crazy.

The thing about women is that we're born with all the eggs we're ever going to have. Men make their little spermies right before use, but stereotypically, women are far more prepared than that. So now I'm walking around with another person in me, AND half of any people she may eventually product. And half of any people I may further produce after her. It's all very weird. For me, most people don't seem to think this kind of thing.

Esposo and I have begun debating on names for little C2. It's not going well. We have no books and only a perchant for the utterly ridiculous in choosing names. All our conversations quickly devolve into 'who can come up with a stupider sounding name' contests. But then, that's what keeps our marriage alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home