One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Settling In

I've been home for six weeks or so now, and I finally feel like I'm settling in. My days are busy enough that I can't get everything done, and though I've been trying to plan for lunch out with my ex-coworkers, I haven't been able to find a day. Luke and I will go and go for days at a time until all he wants is to stay home and play with his cars by himself, thanks anyway, mom.

I've also picked up a new job, a little 5-10 hour a week thing that involves calling businesses for other businesses that have business to try and do with them. It's telemarketing, but not to your home. I can do it during naps and it pays well enough that if I work 5 hours a week it should cover all Luke and my activities and lunches for the week. Not that we spend a lot of money doing stuff...

Luke continues to turn into a person, and it's looking like we're going to have to have some sort of 'kids' birthday party for him, though I was against it before. Because really, he'll be two! What does he care? Except he does. Luke actually has friends, and he talks about other children - Mah-ye (Molly), Joey, Nic, Isis, I-see (Ellyse), Dy-yan (Dylan), Mat-hew, and PJ. We've been at parties or play dates and Luke will lose the object of his affection for the day and come to me asking "I-c? I-c?" and until I figure out WHO he's talking about and locate that child, it's all he'll say. I have a social butterfly.

The baby, she continues to use my internal organs for kick boxing practice. It scares me how active she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home