One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Words words words

Luke is picking up new words and ideas everyday. He's generally interested in his body and our bodies, but not overly obsessed, which I appreciate. I've heard of children who are interested in certain body parts and things that come out of their bodies, and I'm just thankful that so far, Luke hasn't been one of them.

But he is pretty interested in my boobs.

I change in front of him, because he's two, and he generally follows me everywhere. It's hard to hide. Last night, Esposo, Luke and I were hanging out in our bedroom (Luke was laying in front of the mirrored closet doors admiring his beautiful self... we're thinking of putting mirrors on the sides of his bed and his ceiling to appease his nascent narcissim.) and I got ready for bed. I took off my shirt and Luke was immediately interested.

"That Mommy boobs!"

"Yes, Luke those are my boobs." I replied - I try to keep everything factual and nonchalant when it comes to body parts. And then I took off my bra.

"Mommy boobs off!" he observed, then took my bra and held it up "Mommy boobs on! Mommy boobs on!" At this point I started laughing a bit, because wouldn't that be wonderful? To be able to remove these things at will?? I got into my PJ's and Luke stopped insisting that I put my boobs back on.

Instead, he wrapped my bra around his waist and said "Lucas wear boobs!"

I laughed my tail off, kids are AWESOME.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~me said...

OMG removable boobs. Luke's a GENIUS!!!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home