One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, June 11, 2007

Too Orange?

We have a problem in our house. The problem is that the people before us really liked peach. The peach walls we painted over, but the peach countertop? In the kitchen we're going to gut? Is still there. I have done NOTHING in the kitchen, besides stare at the walls and counters and hate them viciously, and I can't take it anymore. So I went to the paint store and looked for the color palettes that helped SO much in our bedroom.

This is what I found:


That is very orange, and very purple. But I said, okay, sure. I want bold colors. I'll try it. And here's what it looks like:




I can't decide if that's going to look hideously ugly or kind of cool. I don't really have an eye for colors. Should I try it? Or should I go for something neutral or pastelly blue (gag)? I am REALLY stymied and I don't want to put in the work to have to paint and then have to redo it immediately.

I think Esposo will hate it, by the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~me said...

my inlaws place uses colors like that ..orange walls with purple curtains...but it's a HUGE room. Wow I'm no help am I?

4:12 PM  
Blogger IronDow said...

I don't hate it. Yet. Let's see what it looks like with an entire wall that's orange. The purple though? That can be sh*t-canned.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home