One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Not Getting the Point

After four days straight of big events with the kids, I was really happy to just be home on the day after Christmas and putz around the house. I covered the usual bases - laundry, cleaning, filing - and was energetic enough at the end of the day to run to Kohl's to exchange a few items.

I ended up finding new gym shoes and a Halloween sleeper on deep clearance. And then I tried to check out.

Of course today is one of the busiest 'return' days and the store was staffed up to help out - and of course my cashier must have been holiday help AND in her late 70's.

And she tried to scan my item - REPEATEDLY - over the discoloration on the counter rather than the scanner that was 6 inches to the left. I stood there debating how I was supposed to tell her that she was trying to scan using a spot when she finally figured it out. Oy!

And trying to be green, I requested no bag, to which she replied that it was 'easier' for me if I had a bag because otherwise I'd have to CARRY the items. Good Lord No! Carry a shoe box and a 18 month sleeper!?!? You mean, IN MY HANDS!?!? It's weird little things like that that make it harder to go green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home