One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Shaved My Cat

That's not a euphemism of any kind, either. We got this long haired cat last fall, so this is the first spring we've gone through with him. Apparently the dude can not keep up with the shedding and he developed many matted areas on his back. So I shaved him. With my husband's beard trimmer.

The other, short haired cat also can not keep up with the shedding this year, and he developed knots all along his back. I didn't know what the heck was wrong with him, all lumpy and gross to pet, until I started brushing him and there was more hair in the brush than on the cat. This has never happened before, the knots on the short haired cat's back and I've come to a conclusion about this.

The cat is too fat to properly groom himself. I wish there was something we could do about this, but the problem is that the cat is the MOST ANNOYING ANIMAL EVER when he doesn't have food. He might sit on your head while you sleep. And if you kick him out he will chew through all the strings in the house, or paw at the door incessantly. The cat is going to stay fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home