One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Problem Solver

Luke is using his brain in better and better ways, working on convincing me that he is indeed intelligent (honestly, there were a few weeks there where I was starting to question the boy's overall intelligence.) As we ate lunch, I asked him to eat two more carrots and then he could go. He snapped one in half and ate it, then asked "May I please be excused?" (for some reason that little lesson stuck in his head very well).

I said "No, you need to eat one more carrot."

He volleyed back "But I breaked it into two pieces." Lawyer.

As I sat here working at the computer, I heard a shriek of frustration from his bedroom, where he has the door closed building train tracks. I tried to open the door and couldn't, as he sat in front of it. I asked him to move so I could open the door and get in to help him and he told me "You can turn sideways."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home