One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, May 23, 2008

No Regrets

I have known quite a few people who claim to have no regrets, that they did everything exactly as they should have and it's a waste of time to regret anything anyway.

I think this is a load of crap. If you look back at every aspect of your life and think that everything you said and did went just splendid and all the issues you ever dealt with were someone's elses fault, you are probably a raging egomaniac. Like Donald Trump. That dude scares me.

I don't spend my days looking back at my life saying "Gosh, I shouldn't have made fun of that girl" and "If only I'd stood up for myself in that class." but I do clearly see how different behaviors on my part could have led to a better outcome. I do regret not being more capable, and I wonder what I will have learned to do better in five years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home