One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In Context

I was washing up my newest Craigslist purchase on Monday (a kitchen set for $11.10! Sotve, cabinet and fridge all toddler sized!) when my MIL showed up with my nephew unexpectedly. Even more unexpectedly, my eight year old, rambunctious crazy nephew (who yanked on my veil as I went to stand up at the head table of my wedding reception when he was 3) started playing the piano. And he was REALLY GOOD!

Luke immediately got jealous of all the attention being lavished on this great big cousin who suddenly showed up and went to sit on the top of the piano and prevent him from playing. I commented to my MIL "I think somebody's jealous!", and of course Luke responded quickly with "I'm not jealous!"

Today (Wednesday) we were driving home from the gym and I started prepping Luke for the idea of swim lessons (we're thinking fall. Yeah, I give him that much prep time. We call him 'Mr. Adaptable'.) and he immediately stated that he didn't want to go to swim lessons alone, he wanted me to go with him.

"Why do you want mommy to go with you?" I asked. "Are you scared of swimming in a class without mommy?"

"No," he said "I'm just jealous."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home