One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Speed Read

I read fast. I always have, I like to read. This skill is only good if you have a lot of good books to read and time to read them, it was not helpful at all in reading textbooks, I would still fall asleep for those.

I read a book last night - 404 pages, less 42 pages at the start/end of chapters, assuming 10 words per line on average, 32 lines per page, it took me about 4 hours to read it. This means I read between 450 and 500 words per minute.

Apparently there's some guy who can read, ten. thousand. words per minute. There are not that many good words to read. That's too fast.

Anyway, read "The Woods" by Harlen Coben - good mystery, liked it. New author, yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger ShellyBlake said...

I hadn't read for years (other than trade journals & kids books) until last summer when I joined my kids in the Palatine Library Reading Program (read X number of books before end of July & get a T-Shirt). Now I'm hooked. Last year it was F. Paul Wilson (think Indiana Jones in present day). This year it's Janet Evanovich (I am SO hooked on the Stephanie Plum series). Here's to reading grown-up books!! :o)

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home