One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

DVR, how I doth love thee

We just got DVR last Wednesday, and I'm thinking that this should be a must for all new parents. I love it so... I spent a lot of the day Sunday watching bad TV, but not missing ANY of it because I could pause!

I saw my first full episode of Desperate Housewives yesterday afternoon. I can see why everyone's so into that show, but Sunday night hasn't worked for me - YAY DVR! And then I was able to watch both my newsprogrammy show and the new sitcom, though they were on AT THE SAME TIME.

Oh DVR, I love thee for thy flowing commercials, for the forwarding through the things that which I can not buy nor do I want to buy for I do not believe in advertising.

I love thee for thy pause and rewind, for my child, he doth scream for food, and my dog, she doth bark for food, and thus I can attend to their needs without missing any part of the show. And when I feel the need to get up and clean for five minutes, I can pause you and return to my show where I left it.

Oh, DVR, I love thee for thy no tape requirement, because I do hate the VCR and the black unlabeled tapes and the running out of room on the tape and the accidentally taping over.

I love thee for thy remote that doth control the TV though it annoys me that I have to get the other remote out to turn on the subtitles for I am deaf and the background music is too loud and I hate to miss things.

I think we have what it takes, DVR, to make it long term.

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

We got a DVR a few years ago and people laughed at me when I told them it had changed our lives. That thing is amazing. No more of this being tied to watching the tv at a certain time...I can watch the shows when I am dang good and ready to watch them!!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home