One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I don't have Quirks

People often discuss their quirks. I can never come up with any suitably weird quirks to compare to other's deathly fear of spiders, their need to pace back and forth seven times before going to sleep, or that they tie their shoelaces only by using bunny ears.

Nope, nope, I'm all around normal. Just your average everyday quirkless person.

Right.

At lunch today, I had a hot pocket, a bag of chips, and a soda. My hotpocket came in a plastic bag, so I put the cooking sleeve in that once it was done cooking. Then I put my knife and fork in the bag when I was done eating. When I finished the bag of chips, I put the hotpocket bag (with the knife, fork, and sleeve) into the bag from the chips, along with my napkin. Then I finished my soda in it's styrofoam cup, and I proceed to wedge everything into the cup.

Which is when I noticed the people I eat with staring at me, because, um, this is weird. I compact all my garbage into one little container.

Okay, so I have a quirk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Cahill said...

When eating fries and my ketchup is in packets.. i individually ketchup each fry. tear off a corner of the ketchup packet, squeeze some on the fry.. next.

i think that's my quirkiest thing. and that is just conservative ketchup use (not in the sense that I use less ketchup but in that I get more ketchup for myself. I like ketchup).

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but hey, look at all the space you're saving in the garbage bag! that's awesome.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the exact same thing! Mine is more out of boredom while cooking and tidiness after. I even go so far as to brush the crumbs into the cup before stuffing.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home