One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, September 23, 2005

Scary!

Luke and I took a class together over the summer, where we sat with other moms and sang songs. The teacher had a three year old daughter as well and we all shared parenting stories.

The teacher's daughter wouldn't let her vacuum. She hated the loud noise. We have a family friend who has a five year old who clasps her hands over her ears at lound noises, as well. Both are little girls, I don't know if that says anything.

This week I was vacuuming the downstairs as Luke crawled around and he was amazed by the vacuum cleaner. He was amazed and he thought it was GREAT! He dragged himself happily after it while I vacuumed.

Later in the week, we went to a mommy group at a place with an indoor carousel. There were three little boys under a year, and they had all never been on a carousel. They all did well for a few minutes, until one little boy was a little overwhelmed, which makes sense - he was spinning in a circle, going up and down, and there were lights all over. But Luke, he cried when the carousel STOPPED.

I may have a daredevil on my hands...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Cute! One of my children would ride on the vacuum (I can't remember which one!) Your little man sounds like he enjoys new experiences. have fun at music class? Is it Kindermusik? C

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home