One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Everyday is Awesome

As I wrote recently, infants are a reminder to take each day and savor it, to enjoy the little things. And the little things can be hysterical!

Luke had a great day at daycare - he took a total of three hours of naps! That's stellar for this kid. So when I picked him up he was up and about and in a fantastic mood.

When I walk into the room to pick up Luke from daycare, I can say "Hi, Luke! Come on over!" He sees me and breaks into a huge grin and creeps his way across the floor (he doesn't crawl, he pulls himself forward with his arms and kicks with his left leg, ONLY his left leg. He's still pretty darn fast.) I can't tell you how awesome it is to have a baby creeping full speed at you because he's soooo happy to see you!

Then at home, we were playing on the floor, and he said "Mmm, GAH". Because having a conversation with an infant is tough, I just repeated it back to him, which he thought was THE FUNNIEST THING EVER. He laughed again and again as I repeated it to him, his little legs lifting off the floor as he busted a gut. He laughed so hard he fell over backwards! How adorable is THAT!?! I sat him back up, and one "Mmm, GAH" sent him right back into torrents of laughter.

Everyday is awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Cahill said...

oh sure.. and when i laugh like that.. not the same response from people. jerks... ;(

i can't wait to see luke mobile.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home