One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, October 07, 2005

Mommy Night

My husband is taking my son up north tonight through tomorrow night. So I won't see my baby for 24 straight hours.

I have really mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, we're goin' out! Have a beer! Don't hafta wake up in the morning!

On the other hand, which is growing larger the closer I get to not seeing my son for 24 straight consecutive hours, during which time he will be involved in the dangers of riding in a car without me, sleeping without me, and eating without me, there is the 'Good God it's like they're removing my lungs'. Big Giant Hand of no baby for 24 hours.

It's good for me, I know it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you said made so much sense, lori. about your child leaving you. scary!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Sara Cahill said...

thank god i was there to take you out and distract you with lots of german beer and people... got nothing for you today.. unless you want to watch a heated baseball game between freshmen and seniors.. oy.. this could get ugly.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home