One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Stoopid Dog

We went up to the lake house this weekend, in addition to my mother in law, her best friend, and my sister in law. It was looow key. Very nice.

However, as is usual when we head up there, we slept in a room with Luke and the dog. Friday night Luke slept on the ride up, and transferred okay to the crib. I collapsed with him (we got there about 10:20, and I've been feeling sick).

At 2:15 Luke began fussing, and with all my developed mommy sense, I started singing the ABC song. And he Fell. Back. To. Sleep.

Oh glory and hallelujah. At 4:15, same thing. At 5:15, unfortunately, it did not work.

Saturday night Luke was exhausted, and slept soundly through the night until 4:45, when the dog woke up and shook, rattling her chain loudly in the small room. Waking Luke, who was not buying ABCDEFG as a lullaby, and besides, my throat hurt. I got up with him and fed him 8 ounces. At 5:45, he was tired enough to doze off in my arms, so I tried to put him down.

No such luck. Esposo got up with him and he dozed off in Esposo's arms about 6:15... where he stayed until 8:15, sweaty and adorable snuggled with his daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home