One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Beat Down

This has been a long couple months at work. Each week we say 'This is going to be a long week' and each week it is, and then next week, same thing. I think I have run myself to the breaking point, as in, I no longer care to complete the eight projects left on my desk. I completed two this week, and maybe, just maybe, will complete another tomorrow. But to get all of these out? Besides being impossible, since two are in early stages, is just not reasonable. I'm tired.

I gave Esposo his Christmas present last night. Early, of course. I have a hard time not giving presents early. It's a heated mattress pad. He always complains about being cold, and I wouldn't be able to stand an electric blanket, so I thought this would provide a nice median point of keeping him warm, and not boiling me out of bed. As a bonus, it felt really good on my back.

About that heated mattress pad, though. It was not a cheap gift, it was listed at $99.99 at Target. But, my Esposo is worth it, and then I don't hear whining, so we went for it. It's more than he spent on my automatic car starter, which he conceptualized for me last year for Christmas and never bought. It's tough to wrap those conceptualized presents. Then we visited his brother in March, and he mentioned his conceptualization and his brother said 'Hey, I've got one of those that I never installed!' And so his brother got me my Christmas present. And yet, it isn't in my car now, either.

So, shopping at Target. Love the Target. Resisted many impulse purchases, bought a gift or two, some holiday plates (we're using my china this year, and the children under six? Are not using my china. Plus, I don't have quite enough plates for that.) I got to the check out line and the mattress pad wouldn't scan. The cashier, she popped up to the service desk and still, it wouldn't scan. I sat there, in no rush, so just standin', waitin'. She came back and asked me what it cost. $99.99, I said. She said, cheerily, I'll give it to you for $89.99 since you had to wait! And that's what happens when you're nice and patient. Let that be a lesson to the screamy angry people of the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger *lynne* said...

wow, the cashier had the authority to do that? THAT is a good sign for how that store, if not that chain of stores, treats its employees! Glad you got a bonus for being patient too1 :-)

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home