One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good morning, good morning!

Luke woke at 4:20 this morning, and I lay in bed praying for his crying to subside and him to go back to sleep. This is what we do now, because sometimes it works, and he sleeps for another hour. Esposo gave in sooner than I did, and found the poor boy had over-peed his diaper and was soaking wet. So mommy has guilt now. What else is new?

I couldn't get back to sleep, and simply got up so I could get to work early and talk to people on third shift, getting in at about 6 AM. I found one person I needed to talk to, out of three, and he gave me bad news. So I puttered around in the early hour not getting anything done and waiting for this guy to come up and talk to me at 7:15 (15 minutes AFTER my usual arrival. They switched his hours and now he stays until 8, so I didn't even have to come in early.).

This fella is a Character. With a capital C. He has ten children. Apparently I look like one of them. He talks incessantly. He has a inability to prioritize what needs to be done next. He talks incessantly. He's about 4 foot 11. And with the talking, he is incessant. He once filled my voice mail giving me an update on something. Then he called back two hours later, just to say he was still trying to get ahold of me, and he filled ANOTHER voice mail. Just to say he was trying to get ahold of me. AGH!

As we are talking this morning, one of the women on the floor stops by to let me know that my lights are on.

Hm, I think, That's odd. My lights go off automatically when I take the keys out of the ignition.

Continue talking to Incessant Character. Continue contemplating lights/car/key situation. Finish conversation with Incessant Character. Look for keys to go turn out lights.

And you all see where this is going, right? Because I couldn't find my keys. Because they were in my car. And my car? It was still running.

Cops were called (yes, they will still come out and slim jim your car, apparently even if you don't know your license plate. 763? 845? And there may be a 2 in there?) and car was opened. It was toasty warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home